Bed Bug bites can prove extremely irritating on the skin and in the first instance, a person can become worried and confused as to why their body has increased bites each and every day.
Although the name Bed Bug would suggest they are only in your bed, this is, in fact, untrue and Bed Bugs can spread very quickly to each room within the property.
If you’ve seen these black spots before it may be an indicator of Bed Bugs, and as these small blood-sucking creatures are becoming more common within the UK, our Pest Technicians seeing more calls coming into our local service centre.
So what are you looking for ?
- Look for clusters of bites on your body.
- Inspect your furniture i.e mattresses, sofa’s, carpets and even behind loose wallpaper and wooden frames for small black spots of faecal matter, these will be no larger than a pinprick.
- A trail of black spots may be found where you would sit or lie on the furniture in question.
- Can you smell an offensive, musty odour? (if you don’t, it doesn’t mean you haven’t got Bed Bugs but is a good indicator)
- Have you found eggshells?
Bedbugs are small, oval, brownish insects that live on blood of animals and humans. When Bedbugs become fully grown they have flat bodies that are about the size of an apple seed.
The insects are mainly active at night when they make their way to the surface of your furniture and what they call home, to feed on your skin. The bug will pierce through skin and draw blood and begin to feed for up to 10 minutes until their bodies are full.
People have this myth that Bedbugs are only found in dirty homes, this is again untrue, as theses small bugs can enter your homes and businesses undetected on luggage, clothing, from second hand beds and couches and other items.
How to get rid of Bed Bugs:
If you’re worried your business or home has Bed Bugs, call the experts DALPEST on 0845 22 37 115 for a free inspection and quotation.