Wood worm does not pose a direct health risk, although if it’s left untreated the consequences can be catastrophic, as woodworm can weaken timbers of supporting structures leading to eventual failing if left untreated. On a less serious but just as costly point woodworm can be transferred from one wooden object to another, therefore destroying valuable items throughout your household.
Woodworm is the collective name used to describe all wood burrowing insects the common furniture beetle and death watch beetle are the most commonly found pest species throughout the UK.
Identifying your wood worm infestation
Common Furniture Beetle
- The species that causes the majority of wood worm damage throughout the UK.
- Consumes both hard and soft woods.
- Can damage any wooden object
- Visible exit holes where the adult beetle has flown from the infested area.
- Recently active areas will show a (ring of dust) around the adult exit hole.
Death Watch Beetle
- Mainly infests hard woods (often those with slight decay)
- Larvae tunnel inwards and will remain deep inside the wood for between 5-10 years.
- Possible to hear a slight tapping or ticking if quite (sound of beetles finding mating partners)
- Cause more damage to the timber internally and not easily visible from the external face of the wood.
The principals behind treating all types of wood burrowing beetles are the same. However first one of our fully qualified technician will have to identify the pest species, if the infestation is active and what treatment method is best suited to your specific needs. Once the infestation has been treated our technician will award the owner with a certificate to guarantee the Treatment. At James Dighton Pest Solutions we have two types of specialist treatment which in survive cases can be combined. These are:
Water Based Treatment
- Designed to minimise chemical exposure to people, pets and the environment.
- Chemical substance penetrates deep into the wood or long term treatment and prevention.
- Ideal for when there are inaccessible infested areas as fogging ensures every nook and cranny has been treated.
- Furniture and carpets do not need to be removed and the room can become fully useable again within just a few hours from treatment.
- Ideal when floor boards are unable to be removed as fogging can treated areas which are unexposed.
Treating a wood worm infestation
DALPEST solutions are fully qualified to RSPH Level 2 and have a simple but extremely effective 3 step process to wood worm Treatment.
- We will perform a FREE SITE SURVEY to identify the pest and the extent of the infestation
- Undertake the particular control method our technician feels is best suited to your situation. Always ensuring the safety of your family, your home and pets.
- Ensure the infested area has been sufficiently treated and once our technician is confident the treatment method has killed off all existing wood worm and will prevent any further infestations. He or she will then award you with a certificate to guarantee the treatment.
Call DALPEST on 0845 22 37 115 for instant answers to your questions, advice or to book a free survey.
DALPEST operate using only RSPH Level 2 trained technicians and act in accordance with the British Pest Control Association (BPCA) standards and the Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use (CRRU) guidelines at all times. DALPEST prides itself on service, customer relations and rapid response times operating a 24/7 365 days a year service.
Annual contracts available – Please get in contact for a free quotation or to discuss specific requirements.
View our range of services and the list of pests that we treat. Each page contains free advice on the treatment process for each pest.
Call us on 0845 22 37 115 for any advice or to arrange a free site survey and quotation. Alternatively, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Our Covered Areas
We cover all Peterborough and surrounding areas for Domestic, Commercial and Agricultural Pest Control, we also offer nationwide coverage on request dependent on the nature of the work needed. Areas covered include (but not exclusively): Achurch, Ailsworth, Aldgate, Alwalton, Apethorpe, Armston, Ashton, Aunby, Bainton, Barholme, Barnack, Barnwell All Saints, Barnwell St Andrew, Baston, Blatherwycke, Blatherwycke, Braceborough, Bretton, Bulwick, Caldecote, Careby, Carlby, Casterton, Castor, Chesterton, Coates, Collyweston, Conington, Cotterstock, Crowland, Deeping saint James, Deeping St James, Deeping St. James, Denton, Dogsthorpe, Duddington, Eaglethorpe, Eastfield, Eastgate, Easton-on-the-hill, Eastrea, Eldernell, Elton, Essendine, Etton, Eye, Farcet, Fengate, Folksworth, Fotheringhay, Frognall, Geeston, Glapthorn, Glinton, Great Casterton, Greatford, Gunthorpe, Haddon, Hampton, Hampton Vale, Helpston, Hemington, Holme, Ingthorpe, Ketton, Kings Cliffe, King’s Cliffe, Langtoft, Little Casterton, Longthorpe, Lower Benefield, Luddington, Luddington in the Brook, Lutton, Marholm, Market Deeping, Maxey, Morborne, Nassington, Netherton, Newborough, Newstead, Norman Cross, Northborough, Oundle, Parnwell, Paston, Peakirk, Peterborough, Pickworth, Pilsgate, Pilton, Polebrook, Ravensthorpe, Ryhall, Sibson, Southorpe, Southwick, Stamford, Stanground, Stibbington, Stilton, Stoke Doyle, Suthery, Sutton, Tallington, Tansor, Thorney, Thornhaugh, Thurning, Tickencote, Tinwell, Tixover, Uffington, Ufford, Upper Benefield, Upton, Wadenhoe, Walton, Wansford, Warmington, Water Newton, Werrington, West Deeping, Westwood, Whittlesey, Wigsthorpe, Wilsthorpe, Wittering, Woodnewton, Woodston, Yarwell, Yaxley.
Available 24/7 365 days per year
DALPEST comply with BPCA and NPTA Regulations and Code of Practice
Frequently Asked Questions
100% Results, backed by our 14 day guarantee.
Our experience allows us to work quickly, efficiently and ensures fast results.
Rarely beaten on price
Traditional humane mole catching methods used.
Agreed fixed price before treatment begins.
As a Local independent pest control firm we pride ourselves on always going the extra mile for our customers.
Annual contracts available
100% pet and child safe
Free survey and advice
RSPH level 2 certified technician
DALPEST – Peterborough Pest Control Specialists
DALROD are part of the DALROD group which have over 35 years’ experience of nationwide drainage solutions. DALPEST offer a premium level pest control service throughout the Peterborough area. With nationwide coverage on request dependant of works needed. All our DALPEST technicians are RSPH Level 2 qualified, and assessed competent by the British Pest Control Association (BPCA) and National Pest Technicians Association (NPTA) to undertake pest prevention and control at a premium level. We pride ourselves on a quality service, great customer relations and our ability to respond rapidly to any pest infestation as we are available 24/7 365 days a year.
- 100% Results.
- Our experience allows us to work quickly, efficiently, ethically and ensures fast results.
- DALPEST prides itself on a quality service, great customer relations and our ability to respond rapidly to any pest infestation.
- 24/7 365 days a year.
- 100% pet, child and environmental safe
- Only fully qualified and certified Pest Control Technicians.
- Excellent service, fast and professional, Thanks James
We cover all pests so even if it isn’t listed on our website, don’t hesitate to call DALPEST on 0845 22 37 115
Get in Touch
Tel: 0845 22 37 115